I have deleted web part accidentally in DispForm.aspx - how can I retrieve? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just gone and totally screwed up my DispForm for Document Library and I tried copying Web Part from another DispForm Web Part and manually change ID's, but to be honest I am sure I should be able to insert web part from system library in Sharepoint Designer???????

Can anyone help.

Thanks.

John.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:08 PM not programming (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:45 PM

Answers

• the site definition is stored in the server file system... the famous "12" folder. Are you sure the site definition has been changed ?

If you have actually destroy the site definition, only a reinstall can help. However, I imagine that you just miss something else in SPD.... the site definition won't be changed unless you actually change it in the file system (bad practice).

• Marked as answer by John Guilbert Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:13 PM

All replies

• In SPD, try to "unghost" the page. The menu is labeled "Restore from site definition" or something like this...

steve

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:01 PM
  • Did that with no luck as it must have overwritten the site definition.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:09 PM
  • the site definition is stored in the server file system... the famous "12" folder. Are you sure the site definition has been changed ?

If you have actually destroy the site definition, only a reinstall can help. However, I imagine that you just miss something else in SPD.... the site definition won't be changed unless you actually change it in the file system (bad practice).

• Marked as answer by John Guilbert Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:13 PM