none
Cannot locate BlockHTTPimages in registry RRS feed

• Question

• "The Linked image cannot be displayed" error in an Outlook email message

Applies to: Outlook 2013Outlook 2016Outlook 2019

Cause

This issue occurs when the BlockHTTPimages registry value is set to 1 and the images in the email message have a source that points to a URL.

Problem  Unable to locate BlockHTTPimages in registry as directed for resolution

Monday, March 11, 2019 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hi scardenas98125,

Do you get error “The linked image cannot be displayed” in Outlook email? In addition to BlockHTTPimages value, there are also other aspects which may cause this error.

Does it happen to emails from specific sender? In this case, we can add them to Safe List to check the results.

To do this, click Home > Junk to open Junk Email Options. Under Safe Senders, click Add.

Besides, if it happens to all emails, please check whether you have the option – ‘Don’t Automatically Download Images’ unchecked. The email just refuses to display the pictures.

Please open File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Automatic Download. You can refer to the settings on my side.

If issue continues, it may be related with Encrypted pages Setting.

Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Here uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk and click on Apply.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:57 AM
  • Hi scardenas98125,

Just check if the reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:35 AM
  • You clearly did not respond to the problem that was raised which is about finding BlockHTTPimages key in the regisitry.  I have the same issue and none of the standard fixes work - blockimages is simply not in the registry and I need to know why and how to restore it
    Sunday, June 23, 2019 1:19 AM
  • @WeckMeister -- Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Just reporting that I have the same issue on multiple PCs, never been able to fix it. I obviously tried all of the above, on fresh installed windows 10, even re-installed IE.

"BlockHTTPimages" does not exist in the registry, at least on these PCs (dell and ASUS) that I have.

Doesn't anybody have a solution for this???

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:28 AM