none
Install-SPSolution CompatibilityLevel settings impact RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have sharepoint 2010 solution and we are trying to install the solution in sharepoint 2013 farm. But the problem is in managefeatures page, feature image is not displaying because it is trying to get the image from 15 hive folder. But the images are are available in 14 hive folder. If we change the path of the image in feature manifest.xml and it is automatically appending 15 hive folder path with the url . So we are trying to use CompatibilityLevel settings while installing the solution package with 14 and 15. So images are available in both 14 and 15 folder. I want to know do we have any negative consequences or impace of using CompatibilityLevel or do you have any other approach to change the feature image url.

Balaji -Please click mark as answer if my reply solves your problem.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is the site running in 14 compatibility mode, or did you upgrade the site already?

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:52 PM
  • @Balaji,

check this post

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mspfe/archive/2013/02/04/planning-deployment-of-farm-solutions-for-sharepoint-2013.aspx

"Compatibility Level impacts only files deployed to the Templates folder in the 14/15 Root folder. That is:  Features, Layouts-files, Images, ControlTemplates, etc.  This means that files outside of this folder (e.g. a WCF Service deployed to the ISAPI folder) will be deployed to the 15/ISAPI no matter what level is set in the manifest or PowerShell.  Files such as Assemblies in GAC/Bin and certain resource files will also be deployed to the same location regardless of the Compatibility Level".

My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com| Twitter
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:44 AM