get following error "Business contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or actions. Please try again." when clicking on e-mail auto-link. preconfigure auto links do not work, link to record does not work RRS feed

• Question

• if this is wrong forum for this post please let me know

Power failure last sunday caused this error to start showing up on two computers.

database on remote machine

log on to another machine with same user name and all auto-links occur and e-mail auto link does not get error

I have uninstalled outlook 2003

microsoft office outlook 2003 with business contanct manager update, microsof office small businss connectivty components.

then reinstall outlook 2003, sp3, bmc 2 , bcm sp4

problem still exist.

I created a local database and then reconnected to shared database.  Problem still exists.

create a new profile and reconnected to shared database.  Problem still exists.

question:  what do I have to uninstall/reinstall to fix problem?????

here is log file I got from enabling logging for business contact manager.

I added some blank lines that seem to indicate errors in log

http://home.comcast.net/~david.junk.mail/BCMLogV2.txt
    David Talmage
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Dave332

Check to see if you have update installed Security UPdate for Outlook (KB2293428) and remove it.

• Marked as answer by Davet322 Friday, October 22, 2010 3:25 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, check if Outlook has not disabled the Business Contact Manager files - go to"Help" - "Disabled Items" and check the list.... in my case it was there and it was a simple matter of "Enable" and it was running fine again.

Second, run reg edit: Start->Run->regedit

Go under the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" folder

Then go under "Software"

Then right click on the "Microsoft" folder and export it to some file as a backup.

After making a backup we deleted the following two folder under the"Microsoft" category."BusinessSolutions eCRM" "Office"

Then logged off of the machine and logged back in.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, October 1, 2010 3:50 AM
  • No help there;  Tried this.  Still get same error when I click on email auto link button and still gets following error in log file

[V] [20:21:45.8120116]Iris.DataDictionary: DBConnectManager.Open dsn=data source=tcp:melliott1\MSSMLBIZ,5356;initial catalog=MSBusinessContactManager7;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False;Enlist=false status=Available
    [E] [20:21:46.2495088]BCMRes: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    [E] [20:21:46.2495088]BCMRes:    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.EmailItem.ExAddressToSmtp(String exAddress)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.EmailItem.GetEmailAddressesWithNames()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.ToolbarBase.ShowInstantLinkEMailDialog(Object moCurrentItem)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.ExplorerToolbar.mbtnLinkEmail_Click(CommandBarButton Ctrl, Boolean& CancelDefault)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CommandBarButtonWrapper.moButton_Click(CommandBarButton Ctrl, Boolean& CancelDefault)

Received emails are not auto linked either

David Talmage
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:31 AM
  • Hi,

I too have just recently been recieving this error!  Driving me nuts, is it something to do with the SQL server?

I have unistalled BCM and outlook and have reinstalled.  I have 3 pc's using this, and it is happening on all 3.  I have tried recreating the database, repairing the pst, but still no luck. 

This happened as of September 19th for me, and since then no autologging of emails, and autolink will not work!

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:25 PM
  • does anyone at microsoft want to respond to this problem.

see also cross post at

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookcontact/thread/dc628721-a9ac-47b2-aa41-2ee810352213

David Talmage
    • Proposed as answer by DPV2010 Friday, October 22, 2010 2:10 PM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Hi Dave332

Check to see if you have update installed Security UPdate for Outlook (KB2293428) and remove it.

• Marked as answer by Davet322 Friday, October 22, 2010 3:25 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:24 PM
  • ^^^ Thanks so much for the answer! It worked! I tried uninstalling it and immediately the error message disappeared! Now I just need to do this on the other pc's using the software.

Thanks again!

Andrew

Friday, October 22, 2010 3:30 PM
  • Worked on two computers. thanks

Here are instruction for uninstalling update

exit outlook

click on control panel

click on add/remove program
    check show updates
    find KB2293428 number in list of update applied to microsfot outlook 2003
    click remove

David Talmage
    Friday, October 22, 2010 3:42 PM
  • Hi, I am having the same exact problem.

I looked for (kB2293428) and could not find it. What i do have is (KB954430 and KB973688). Also, In the Business Contact Manager files I went to- go to"Help" - "Disabled Items" and checked the list....  clicked on "Enable" but still was not running. 

Can anyone please help me?

Friday, March 23, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Create another database and restore from backup.  Backup your database that you're currently using, then create another one and restore from backup.  I've found that whenever you move your database to another user, computer, fidget with it at all, or anything else that confuses the SQL server, "mouse running a wheel inside windows", etc. then you're stuff stops working.

I had the same problem when I moved my BCM from one version of windows to another, then again when I moved it from one user to another.  It's easier just to work around things with Microsoft than to find the bug - which there are too many to count.  Just backup your database, then create a new one, then restore database through "Business Contact Manager -> Database Tools -> Backup Database -> Restore Database".  This will tell the SQL Server or whatever it is to quit being a wining b**** and just work...

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:27 PM