none
Sharepoint 2010 Http site Document library ECB menu dropdown not showing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In Sharepoint 2010 Http site Not working on Document library ECB menu dropdown menu.can you please give solution for this issue on sharepoint 2010 document library.

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• What web browser do you use? Please also open F12 to check if there is any js error.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Sunday, September 29, 2019 1:06 AM
  • Hi Narasimman,

You may check this - opening the site in designer. It might be handled thru the JQUERY stuff. Here is a similar thread, you may look into. 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0f46fa0-6a55-4944-a5e2-8435f5f33db2/sharepoint-2010-hiding-menu-list-on-context-menu-not-working-using-jquery-or-javascript-in-cewp?forum=sharepointdevelopmentprevious

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

• Edited by Habibur Rahaman Monday, September 30, 2019 6:12 PM Added more info
    Sunday, September 29, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 30, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi Justin Liu,

I am using IE browser on sharepoint 2010 http site. but i have aslo another alternate access mapping another https port working document library ECB menu drop down. when using http sharepoint site document library Context menu dropdown not working. could you please give proper solution to resolve this issue on sharepoint 2010 site.

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:35 AM
  • Hi Habibur Rahaman,

sharepoint 2010 http site document library context menu dropdown option not working. can you please give proper solution to resolve this issue on sharepoint document library.

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:38 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm a few things with you:

1. Have you run into any error message when clicking the Context menu or it’s just not responding?

2. Does it happen to all users in your site?

3. Does it happen to all libraries in SharePoint server? Please create a new library and see if the same issue will occur.

Since the ECB is implemented with JavaScript, you can check for potential JS error by clicking F12 in IE.  You can also switch to another browser and test again.

Here are some posts with similar issue for your reference.

Create Edit Control Block (ECB) on View with JSLink.

Menu Options and View Missing from the Shared Documents library.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 30, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Hi  Chelsea Wu,

yes, It has been checked on IE console window showing "Access denied" on "Core.js" file in document library . when i was clicked the "Context menu" drop down shwoing on "Core.js" access denied error on console window on IE browser. can you please give proper solution to resolve this issue on http sharepoint site.

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi

Try to run IE with admin rights.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now! Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:06 AM
  • Hi Justin Liu,

Regards

by

Narasimman

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the references in my former reply or considered what Justin suggested? Would you share your test results in this thread please?

Here’s a post with similar issue with you which I hope can do some help.

Create Edit Control Block (ECB) on View with JSLink.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Friday, October 4, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:30 AM