Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates RRS feed

• Question

• Dear folk

I migrated POP3 emails from outlook 2016 to G Suite (Gmail for business) server by using their dedicated utility ,,,,migration done successfully.

Then I set up a new IMAP G suite account on outlook,,,,all emails got downloaded from the google server

Issue are subfolders view left pane showing emails' dates as Sun 21-Jan (migration date),,,but if you open a specific email in those subfolders it is still showing the right dates,,,issue only with view

How can I rectify this issue ?

I contacted G Suite support and advised me to use another email client and I did use Thunderbird with no issue 

Thanks

Saturday, March 10, 2018 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi zillah,

Does this issue affect mails in all folders?
    How about newly received messages? 

Generally, sorts messages by a “Received” or “Arranged by” column, arranging the messages in the order that they were delivered to the server. In your scenario, the issue might be caused by that after migration to G Suite, Outlook shows the date and time the message was migrated in this column instead of the original date and time the message was delivered. 

Please try the steps below and see if we can the issue resolved:

1. Open Inbox, go to View > View Settings > Columns...
    2. Select Sent from the available columns and click Add, OK:

3. Click the Sort button, select Sent in the drop-down menu and click OK:

4. Click OK again and check the results.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 12, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Hi zillah,

How's everything going with the problem?

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hi Yuki

Our company just migrated from Exchange to Gmail Suite and I was having the exact same issue viewing my Gmail through Outlook. Most of my email (thousands) were showing the same received date so it was a problem trying to organize by date. I tried your solution and It Worked! I'm so happy since I can use Outlook to view my email again.

Thank you so much!

Oscar Salazar

Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:06 PM
  • Worked for me. Thanks a lot!

The confusing thing is that before doing this most of the mails showed the same receipt date...

Regards - Lukasz

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Yes, it worked but need to do with each and every folders.

Suggest if it can do for group folders

Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:46 PM