none
[URGENT]unable to delete list item RRS feed

• Question

• I am site collection admin and able to delete few items and one item im unable to delete and getting the below error

Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

Blitz

Friday, July 12, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi sree_23,

How are you deleting these items? using code or from browser only? 

Maybe the inheritance is broken on that item and restricted permissions to only few members on site.

Please check if there are any item level permissions set on that particular item.

Please Vote(^) and accept as an Answer if it helped you.

Friday, July 12, 2019 12:25 PM
  • Thanks

I am site collection administrator and not sure i am able to delete most of the items but only one item i am facing this issue.

Blitz

Friday, July 12, 2019 12:31 PM
  • Are able to see the permissions for this item? With whom this item has been shared and with what permission levels??
    Friday, July 12, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Hi Sree_23,

Make sure the account is checked out. if not i recommend to Undo Check Out the document in SharePoint Designer.
    Locate the document under the corresponding library in the SharePoint Designer, then right click the document and click Undo Check Out.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:04 PM
  • I am unable to delete list item in custom list item and its not document library

Blitz

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:07 PM
  • Hi sree_23,

There could be many scenarios in that even though you have sufficient permission, you won't be able to delete the list/library item, this is a known issue in SharePoint but there is a work around to overcome this situation. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps, I am sure you'll be able to delete it.

http://www.matthewjbailey.com/cannot-delete-document-item-sharepoint/

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Friday, July 12, 2019 3:34 PM
  • Hi Blitz,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Check if there is unique permission on the item which you cannot delete.

2. Check the user permission on the item which you cannot delete.

Go to the list-> select the item->click “Shared with” in the ribbon->click advanced.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, July 15, 2019 2:43 AM

• Hi Blitz,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:30 AM