none
Connection problem with Outlook 2016 and Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• For the last couple of days I have had major connectivity issues with Outlook 365 connecting to Office/Exchange 365. I have two different domains, and neither of those will connect. However, my gmail and yahoo accounts don't have a problem. Additionally, there is no internet connectivity issues. I ran the Outlook connectivity test at testconnectivity.microsoft.com and the test Failed. Here are the results: Please help!

Testing Outlook connectivity.
     	An unexpected error has occurred in the application. An event has been logged for the system administrator. If you continue to experience this error, please send us feedback.

Additional Details

Exception details:
    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Stack trace:

Server stack trace: 
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Extensions.MapiHttpTestClient..ctor(Uri addressBookUri, Uri mailStoreUri, NetworkCredential credential)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Extensions.MapiClientFactory.CreateMapiHttpClient(Uri addressBookUri, Uri mailStoreUri, NetworkCredential credential)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.OutlookConnectivityTopLevelTest.<CreateMapiHttpTest>b__4(Test test)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.ContainerRelayTest.PerformContainerTest()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.RelayTest.PerformTestReally()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.Test.PerformTest()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.Test.PerformChildren()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.OutlookConnectivityTopLevelTest.PerformChildren()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.Test.PerformTest()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.TopLevelTest.PerformTest()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Website.PerformTestAsyncDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Website.TestExecutionManager.<>c__DisplayClass8.<TestCompleted>b__6() in d:\dbs\sh\uth\0607_142210_2\cmd\6\sources\dev\bpa\src\ExRCA\Website\Execution\TestExecutionManager.cs:line 378
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(Action tryDelegate, Func`2 filterDelegate, Action`1 catchDelegate)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Website.TestExecutionManager.TestCompleted(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in d:\dbs\sh\uth\0607_142210_2\cmd\6\sources\dev\bpa\src\ExRCA\Website\Execution\TestExecutionManager.cs:line 384

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

As per the description above, Outlook client seems OK, as you are able to set up other email account (Gmail, Yahoo) in it.

As per the event log "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral...", it seems to be an issue on the Exchange Online server side. You might consider posting in the dedicated Exchange Online forum below, there you should get more professional responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 8, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Thanks for the info. I ended up spending a lot of time on the phone with GoDaddy, my 356 provider, and it turned out they needed to update something on their end.

Snow77bunny

Friday, July 15, 2016 4:17 PM