none
WSP File stucking in deploying state. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

i have uploaded .wsp files int to SharePoint farm solutions in SharePoint 2016. the wsp status is still shwoing deploying state.

Please suggest solutions.

Thanks,

Raghava.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Raghava,

Go to Services.msc, check the log on accounts for “SharePoint Administration” service and “SharePoint Timer Service” are set to the fully qualified farm domain account.

What’s the account permission on the SharePoint configuration database? Make sure this account is given dbowner permission.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please try the following steps:
    1. Remove solution
        Remove-SPSolution -identity "wsp name" -force
    2. On each of your web front end servers, check to see if your SharePoint admin service and SharePoint timer service is running well
    3. Restart the SharePoint timer service on each web front end server
    4. deploy the solution again
       a. run "Install-SPSolution -Identity solution_name.wsp -GACDeployment -local -force" via SharePoint PowerShell
       b. Deploy wsp from Central Administrator --> System Setting --> Manage Farm Solutions

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hi Tina,

Thanks for your response, followed your steps but still i am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Raghava.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:06 PM
  • Hi

Can try to re-deploy wsp with -force parameter?

May i know if only this wsp file have issue? or all solutions? whether the solution required to active any feature before deploying?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:32 PM
  • try to perform the following steps:

1. uninstall your wsp
    2. enable verbose logging (Central administration > Monitoring > Configure diagnostic logging)
    3. install wsp package again and wait until it will stuck in Deploying state
    4. check Sharepoint ULS logs - search for your wsp name ({filename}.wsp). It is better to use ULSViewer tool for that and search from end to up - this way you will find most recent records
    5. if it will find any record - copy correlation id and apply filter on this correlation id in ULSViewer. Then review all messages with this correlation id - probably some of them will contain details of the problem

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    Dynamic CAML queries via C# - https://github.com/sadomovalex/camlex

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Hi

Try the following:

$SPDiag = Get-SPSolution typenameofsolutionhere.wsp
    Uninstall-SPSolution $SPDiag
    Remove-SPSolution $SPDiag

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:25 PM
  • Hi Raghava,

Go to Central Administration->System settings->Manage servers in this farm, make sure the servers are accessible and status is “No Action Required”.

Try to clear SharePoint Configuration cache.

Then remove and re-add the solution using command below:

Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity "solution.wsp"

Remove-SPSolution -identity "solution.wsp" -force

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath "c:\solution.wsp"

Install-SPSolution -Identity "solution.wsp"  -GACDeployment -force

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Hi,

i have tried with -force command no use.

All wsp files have same issue and there is no feature to be activate before deploying solutions.

Thanks,

Raghava.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hi

Can check the ULS log to see the error message when deplying wsp file? also check Event Viewer on each SharePoint server to find which server have issue?
    May i know if the account has sufficent permission to deploy wsp to all SharePoint servers?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi Tina,

Created logs  there seems sql log on failed error, the user has full access on SharePoint_Content db. still facing issue.

Thanks,

Raghava.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:54 PM
  • Hi Raghava,

Go to Services.msc, check the log on accounts for “SharePoint Administration” service and “SharePoint Timer Service” are set to the fully qualified farm domain account.

What’s the account permission on the SharePoint configuration database? Make sure this account is given dbowner permission.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi Raghava,

Thanks for marking my reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. I hope you are delighted with the service we provided you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[WSP File stucking in deploying state]

Environment

====================

SharePoint 2016

Question

====================

Uploaded .wsp files into SharePoint farm solutions in SharePoint 2016. But the wsp status is still showing deploying state.

Analysis (Solution)

====================

After checking the ULS log, it is about SQL logon failed error. I suggest to go to Services.msc, check the log on accounts for “SharePoint Administration” service and “SharePoint Timer Service” are set to the fully qualified farm domain account. Make sure this account is given dbowner permission on the SharePoint configuration database.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:31 AM