none
One user with two format in send email action in sharepoint designer 2013

Question

• Hi

I have a problem in workflow in sharepoint designer 2013, when I want to use “send email” action, in select user window, I have 2 entry for one user! One of them with this format: “DomainName\Username”

And one of them with this format:  “ i: 0#.w|DomainName\username”

Only when I select user with  second format,send email work correctly! Why this happen?

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:31 AM

All replies

• I think, you need to Migrate from classic-mode to claims-based authentication

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg251985.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards

Prasad Tandel

Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:09 AM
  • No worries.  You'll see this in your W3C web logs on IIS as well: two entries for users - one is the claims entry and one is the standard AD account entry.  I forget why they both show up - ask a sysadmin.  Just use the one that works.  Also, Tandel has a good point: check that claims has been configured for the web application.  It's easy to check:

1. Launch Central Administration
    2. Navigate to: Application Management > Manage web applications > [select the web application] > click the Authentication Providers button on the WEB APPLICATIONS ribbon]

Let us know what you find out.

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:39 PM
  • Hi Tandel and Stephan,

I migrated my sharepoint web application from classic-mode to claims-based authentication with below script:

$wa = Get-SPWebApplication -identity [weburl:port]                                                                             $wa.UseClaimsAuthentication = $true

$wa.Update()

$wa.MigrateUsers($true)

$wa.ProvisionGlobally()

I have only this problem in one web application for some users, while in other web application I don’t have this problem.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:38 AM