none
Document Approval workflow

Question

• Hi

I am new to share point and sorry if my question is not good or mistake. Me just try to learn document approval workflow. I like when approver reject a document, simultaneously approver can also attach a document/sketch can explain why he/she rejected document.

Now with out of the box approval workflow, Approver can just approved or reject document and is not possible attach another document/sketch/note can explain why this document has been rejected.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Masoud,

In SharePoint OOB approval workflow,the Comments text box can add messages when you approve or reject the workflow.

And you can see the response via Workflow History.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Thanks, now if I want to attach a markup document or sketch or drawing that can explain why this document has been rejected I should go to document library and add markup document/sketch to rejected document.? If yes, what features i have to use in document library that can attach multiple document for one item? For example Doc-0001 has been rejected now i want add/attach sketch-0001 for more clarification why doc-0001 has been rejected.
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Not sure, but maybe you can check Document Set Feature

Artificial intelligence can never beat natural stupidity.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi masoud,

In SharePoint 2013, if you are using a SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow, you can add a new Task Form field to store other information like the following screenshot, however, there is no field type which could be used to store/attach a file.  I also tried to use Multiple line of text with Enhanced Rich Text, however, it also was unable to attach files.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 19, 2019 10:25 AM