none
SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2019 On-Premise Server Specs RRS feed

• Question

• All,

Looking for any information on going from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2019 on-premise. I will assume that a intermediary upgrade to 2016 is not necessary?

Also - has anyone seen what the server specs for SharePoint 2019 will be? I assume taking the server specs for 2016 will be a good base-line.

I'm trying to plan for this upgrade as well as be pro-active and start getting the proper servers built but I can't find a lot of information.

I realize that 2019 preview is coming soon Q2 - 2018 but I know for 2013 and 2016 on-premise versions obtaining information ahead of time, seemed to be easier.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, it has been announced that SharePoint 2019 will get released by mid-2018 and has expected to have features like InfoPath, PowerApps & sync client support. Also, it is expected that a preview to arrive soon. 

I have not seen the server spec of SharePoint 2019 and neither it is mention anywhere. 

Hope it comes soon!

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by kmoneill Friday, May 11, 2018 12:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you wait the SharePoint 2019 release.

After that, you can upgrade according to the SharePoint 2019.

There is a high probability that you need to upgrade to SharePoint 2013 first.

But we still recommend that you do not update.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_WangModerator Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:20 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2018 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you wait the SharePoint 2019 release.

After that, you can upgrade according to the SharePoint 2019.

There is a high probability that you need to upgrade to SharePoint 2013 first.

But we still recommend that you do not update.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_WangModerator Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:20 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2018 6:36 AM