none
cannot login to Central administration sharepoint 2010 - please help URGENT

Question

• I am not able to login to sharepoint administration, with farm admin, local admin, accounts, all logins are rejected, i recieve a page not available message.

I have run Psconfig, did not work.

I have even repaired the sharepoint 2010, (renamed 14 folder before repairing), This server is development box.

I have the option of fresh sharepoint 2010 install, I have around 8 sites, How do i attach the old sites back to new install.

I have used alrenate access mappings, is that causing issues.

This problem started when i installed a vendor product, Sharepoint informed me that premiumsite feature is not installed, I went ahead and installed premiumsite for the collection, then CA went down.

I am not sure, if it is sharepoint issue or iis issue, In the mean time, i have uninstalled the vendor product which was causing the issue

Please help me to revive the central admin

Thank you neel

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:38 AM

Answers

• I figured it out with help of Microsoft IIS support team,

IT was permissions issue, during install and uninstall of vendor product, there was some permissions issue reset for Temporary ASP.NET Files folder, I fixed it by unchecking the read only check box.

Thank you all for your suggestions, during the time in need

• Marked as answer by Neel0 Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM
    • Edited by Neel0 Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM spelling
    Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM

All replies

• "Page not available"? Is IIS running? Try rebooting the box. Check the Sharepoint services are running.

How do you know you can't login in if you get "Page not available"? You need to sort that out first!

If you really can't fix it, search for:  sharepoint 2010 database attach

For example: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263299.aspx

Hope this helps.

Monday, October 04, 2010 5:00 AM
  • Da Loshu,

Thank you for replying

I am sorry, I was getting Runtime error

Yes, IIS is running, app pools are running

Sharepoint services are running

But cannot login to sharepoint only, my account is not locked

Let me know

Thank you

Monday, October 04, 2010 1:29 PM
  • below is my error, when i login to CA, IT will ask login password for 3 times and fourth time, i get the below screen

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Monday, October 04, 2010 1:50 PM
  • maybe kernel mode auth could be an issue? make sure the setup and farm accounts have dbcreator and securityadmin privs in SQL
    Monday, October 04, 2010 4:20 PM
  • I figured it out with help of Microsoft IIS support team,

IT was permissions issue, during install and uninstall of vendor product, there was some permissions issue reset for Temporary ASP.NET Files folder, I fixed it by unchecking the read only check box.

Thank you all for your suggestions, during the time in need

• Marked as answer by Neel0 Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM
    • Edited by Neel0 Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM spelling
    Monday, October 04, 2010 4:26 PM
  • I was "getting page cannot be displayed" every time i tried to open the Central Admin Site, i had checked all the permissions, app pools were running, site was started, services started. After long search and trial and error of everything possible I logged into IIS, browsed the CA site locally and was accessible. Checked the Alternate Access mappings and noticed that it was not right....once AAM's were changed I was back on....I was able to access CA without any failure....

Hope it helps someone...

Regards

Vishwas MCTS, MCITP SharePoint 2010
    Monday, October 03, 2011 7:05 PM