none
Exchange 2010 - Add Forest in 2010 consol with MFA enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Issue with adding forest to 2010 consol after MFA is enabled. 

Sorry for posting this in a Exchange 2013 forum, but i couldn't find anything related to 2010 :) Please do delete or move if this is the wrong place. 

After MFA was enabled the forest disappeared from the 2010 consol. Adding it give error message with authentication failure. 

I found that the Microsoft Exchange Online Powershell Module should solve this (In Exchange 2013 the module is downloaded from the server - hybrid page) 

Since this is an older Exchange version and older Powershell i am afraid that the Exchange Management Shell will stop working due to changing the authentication. 

Does anyone have any inputs or can advise ?

Monday, August 12, 2019 11:29 AM

All replies

• Is there a hybrid setup? 

Based on my knowledge, MFA is only support in a pure Exchange online or Exchange hybrid deployment. So the next question here is how did you enable the MFA in Exchange 2010 with multi forests?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:41 AM