none
The password for the content access account cannot be decrypted because it was stored with different credentials RRS feed

• Question

• hi every body.

I have been migrated the sharepoint server 2007 farm, to new domain. every thing is fine except just one thing. there is an error in the "Shared Services Administration: MainSSP > User Profile and Properties  " front of last log entry ."The password for the content access account cannot be decrypted because it was stored with different credentials. Re-type the password for the account used to crawl this content. "

how can i handle it.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:22 AM search q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:00 AM

Answers

• Solved.

I have setuped the SharePoint Infrastructure Update. After that my problem was solved and our SharePoint is very faster and reliable than before. 

• Marked as answer by M. AMIR Sunday, April 4, 2010 4:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi
    Is Search is working in your site ?
    Just refer this post http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointsearch/thread/84f93fbe-f4a6-4683-b25b-b595b9006ad7
    hope it gives the right way
    Thanks
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:58 AM
  • Hi.
    your link not work
    No the search has problem too. i heard some thinks about the infrastructure update for sharepoint server.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

The cause of the issue may be that the password for the default content access account is error.

Please try to reset the password: Go to your SSP> click Search Settings>click Default content access account>enter the password for the account>click OK >start a Full Crawl for the content source.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:01 AM
  • hi,
    i have been changed the default access account several times and reset search result and start new search. but nothing changed. that error is still there.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:25 AM
  • Have you solved your problem? I have the same error message.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 10:31 AM
  • Solved.

I have setuped the SharePoint Infrastructure Update. After that my problem was solved and our SharePoint is very faster and reliable than before. 

• Marked as answer by M. AMIR Sunday, April 4, 2010 4:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:10 PM
  • Hi M.AMIR,

do you mean the sharepoint infrastructure update from 2008 or a more recent cumulative update?

In my farm, search is working, and the profile imports are successful. i cannot find the error anywhere in the log, despite the fact it comes up as "last log entry".

i have changed the default access account and reset the password but it still comes up with the error. i have removed all import connections, and just added the local domain (normally we import from 8 or 9 domains) but to no avail.

we are patched to december 2009 cumulative update.

the ssp is a backup / restore of the production ssp.

can anyone else not find the error in their logs??

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:39 AM
  • Hi Atilia

Take a look at this page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepointserver/bb735839.aspx

And let me know what and where the error is?

Monday, June 7, 2010 1:35 PM
  • What Update you did , i too have same problem . changing password for default content access  account did not work. i want to know this update makes any changes to my sharepoint farm ?
    Friday, March 8, 2019 7:43 AM