none
Windows 7 error: unexpected error from external database driver (11265)

General discussion

• While on Windows 7 and trying to export a file from Microsoft Access 2007 to Paradox and you recieve the error "unexpected error from external database driver (11265)". This is what you have to do to fix it.

1. Control Panel
    2. BDE Administrator
    3. Configuration
    4. Drivers
    5. Native
    6. Paradox
    7. NET DIR

Change the NET DIR (step 7) from C:\ to your user profile desktop. For example if your logged on as admin then you would change NET DIR to point to c:\users\admin\desktop

Hope this help, it did for me

• Changed type David Wolters Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:12 PM Not a question
    Monday, January 3, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• If you are going to open Paradox DB Files from MS Access and you are getting an Error - "Unexpected Error from external database driver (11265)" then you must do the following things.. 1. you need to give the admin authentication to odbc32.dll 2. Permit the full access for the current user to odbc32.dll 3. Change the ownership of odbc32.dll for the current user/admin 4. You must install BDE (Borland Database Engine) to open the paradox DB Files. 5. go to control panel and open Data Source (odbc). After Open odbc go to the connection Pooling and Enable the polling for the Microsoft Access Driver(*mdb) and Driver do Microsoft Paradox (*.db) 6. Add the File DSN to sett he paradox DB Directory 7. Create the USer DSN for  Driver do Microsoft Paradox 8. Change the NET DIR Path to your paradox database folder.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:09 AM
  • Using Access 2010 and Windows 7 I also got this same message trying to export from an access database. I was able to resolve the issue by following the steps below.

1. Click on Start | All Programs | Microsoft Office | Hold down shift and right-click on Access 2010.
    2. Choose Run as Administrator and click Yes to elevate the program when prompted.
    3. Once you are in Access 2010 browse to open the access database that contains the tables you want to export.
    4. Proceed with exporting your tables in Paradox format.

Prior to running the program with administrative privileges I received the error "unexpected error from external database driver (11265)".

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Helped a lot. Thank you so much!
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:52 AM