none
Duplicate emails Outlook 2007

Question

• Hello,

I'm receiving duplicate emails in Outlook from my email server several times a day.  When I delete the emails, they do not appear in the deleted folder.  I am not using a POP server? IMAP?  I have read thru the forum and cannot find a solution to my problem.  I have two of the same account set up in OUtlook, however they are identical.  I'm afraid if I delete one, it will cause problems with the other.  I have been using this account for atleast two months and this email problem started about 4 days ago.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi there,

The duplicated account setting might be the root of issue. To confirm that, we could create a new profile follow the article below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918
    Note: A new profile is a new environment for us to use Outlook. To create a new profile is only for a test to see if the problem is related to the corrupt profile of Outlook. Creating new profile will not do any damage to the old profile.

If the problem does not exist in the new profile, you can refer to the import and export section in following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to move your data in the old profile to the new profile.

How to manage .pst files in Outlook 2010, 2007 and in Outlook 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070

Furthermore, you could refer to the link above and export one of account in your previous profile to pst file and then remove it to check the result. Please do not worry about it, because the pst is a local file and we could restore everything if something is wrong.

Any questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 12, 2011 6:34 AM
  • I wrote VBA Outlook code to eliminate duplicate.

If you want to delite your downloaded messages without instal addins that: 

Use translator if you want to know more.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful

Monday, December 12, 2011 9:27 AM