none
April 2013 CU - Security Validation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Our farm was upgraded to the April 2013 CU from August 2012 CU.

This caused an issue with publishing page layouts which had Managed Metadata fields embedded in them.

Disabling Security Validation fixed this, same as suggested here:

http://www.sharepointblog.co.uk/2013/04/sharepoint-2010-taxonomy-errors/

Now after disabling security validation, new list/library/site screens no longer work.

Same as the issue listed here: http://spcodes.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/an-unhandled-exception-occurred-in.html

So I can't figure out a way to have both functionalities working a the same time.

Any ideas?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:19 AM

Answers

• I have been talking to Microsoft Premier Support and they gave us two options:

1. Install a CoD (Critical on Demand) which address the issue (not recommended by Microsoft)

2. Wait for the June CU 2013 as it address the issue.

We have decided to wait for the CU and have informed our users to go through "manage content and structure" for creating pages/lists/sites.

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:22 AM

All replies

• Bump.

Surely I can't be the only one having this issue?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:20 PM
  • Bump.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Yep, I am dealing with this too.  i submitted a premier support incident.

kam

• Edited by K McVay Friday, April 26, 2013 4:45 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 4:25 AM
  • Did you guys get a resolution to this issue?
    Friday, May 10, 2013 4:49 AM
  • Just received an update from Microsoft. MS Have acknowledged that the issue faced is a bug in April 2013. The fix is part of June 2013 CU.
    We have requested for a HotFix, will post a link if it is available.
    • Proposed as answer by MicrosoftDevX Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:41 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:41 AM
  • Hi guys,

We're facing the same issue after upgrading from August 2012 CU to April 2013 CU.

@MicrosoftDevX: A link to the hotfix if available would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:59 AM
  • We have the same issue at a Client, we contacted MS Premier support who provided us with a hotfix.

Etienne MARIE

Friday, May 17, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Do you have the hotfix KB Number by any chance?? Or any other way to reference to it in order to request it?
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi Jan, Still awaiting for the HotFix, as soon as I hear from MS, I will update this post.
    Monday, May 20, 2013 12:58 AM
  • Great, thanks! In the meantime we're investigating the workarounds mentioned by Jais in this thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneralprevious/thread/37ca573f-5731-417e-9cb6-8ef9202b3f79/

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:23 AM
  • I have been talking to Microsoft Premier Support and they gave us two options:

1. Install a CoD (Critical on Demand) which address the issue (not recommended by Microsoft)

2. Wait for the June CU 2013 as it address the issue.

We have decided to wait for the CU and have informed our users to go through "manage content and structure" for creating pages/lists/sites.

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Microsoft said the same to me.  The June CU 2013 will fix the problem.  I tested and applied the CoD and it fixed the problem (kb 2794687).  Unfortunately, beign a CoD it isn't readily available to public.  In the mean time, the script below is a workaround.  While waiting for the CoD I placed it near the end of the body tag. (In a custom script file I was already referencing)

<Script Type="text/javascript">  
    function CustomUpdateFormDigest()  
    {  
    if(window._spPageContextInfo != null)  
    {  
    var $v_2 = window._spPageContextInfo;  
    var $v_3 = $v_2.webServerRelativeUrl;  
    var $v_4 = window._spFormDigestRefreshInterval;  
    UpdateFormDigest($v_3, $v_4);  
    }  
    }  
    CustomUpdateFormDigest();  
    </Script>

kam

Friday, June 7, 2013 3:45 AM
  • Unfortunately the workaround didn't fix all the security validation errors we ran into after installing the April 2013 CU. It worked for publishing pages with managed metadata fields but not for the security validation errors showing up in a web app with lots of custom code.

Installing the CoD (kb2794687) has fixed both issues. We are now testing before the applying the fix to other farms.

Friday, June 7, 2013 7:22 AM
  • We had the same issue at one customer after installing the April 2013 CU. After update the SharePoint 2010 farm with June 2013 CU it was fixed.

But I have one quick question. I haven't seen this issue been addressed in any of the knowledge base articles. Is there a link that does have a description of this issue?

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:21 AM
  • No we couldn't find it in the release notes either.
    Monday, August 12, 2013 11:24 AM