Cannot add gmail accounts to outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Having a problem adding my gmail accounts to outlook 2010. Also office 365 account to outlook 2010. I downloaded the server settings, tried every combination and still no results. For gmail outgoing mail using Imap SSL 465 encrypted, Incoming using Imap SSL 993. Also tried TLS 587. For office 365 the same combo's. No results.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:18 PM

Answers

• Outgoing is SMTP.gmail.com 465 or 587

Incoming is IMAP.gmail.com 993

Outgoing  smtp.office365.com 587 

Incoming outlook.office365.com 993

Note: If the above settings are not working for your account, then login into the outlook web app, go to the "Settings" > "Options" > "Account" > "My Account" > "Settings for POP and IMAP Access".

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• Are you attempting to add these accounts while inside a corporate network?

I ask, because these ports are generally closed in business environments unless explicitly required for business purposes.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:30 PM
  • No. No corporate network.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:34 PM
  • Outgoing is SMTP.gmail.com 465 or 587

Incoming is IMAP.gmail.com 993

Outgoing  smtp.office365.com 587 

Incoming outlook.office365.com 993

Note: If the above settings are not working for your account, then login into the outlook web app, go to the "Settings" > "Options" > "Account" > "My Account" > "Settings for POP and IMAP Access".

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

I understand the issue now is that you can't add accounts to your Outlook 2010, since in the description it is not mentioned, I want to know the symptom a bit more, is there any error message?

You can also provide some screenshots of the issue, send them to our email address so that I can check and determine what may cause this issue:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Friday, January 23, 2015 7:08 AM