none
Cannot log out of outlook desktop RRS feed

• Question

• 

This question has been asked by others previously but has not been adequately answered in the forums.  I want to log out of Outlook (desktop version) - not set up a password or change the account, I need to log out of Outlook 2013, the Windows program with the badly-designed interface that comes with Office 365 Home Premium.  There is no name in the top right hand corner with options to log out as there is when you use Outlook in a web browser.  I've looked through the (irritatingly minimalist) settings, options, account etc. folders and can find no other obvious way to log out.  It must be possible to log out, as at the start of the session, i logged in.  

How is it done?

Thank you in advance.

Sunday, June 22, 2014 5:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No, you cannot sign out Outlook client.

In the upper right hand corner, click the little X to close the Outlook client or disconnect it from the internet, both will disconnect Outlook client from the email server.

Thanks,

Ethan Hua CHN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No, you cannot sign out Outlook client.

In the upper right hand corner, click the little X to close the Outlook client or disconnect it from the internet, both will disconnect Outlook client from the email server.

Thanks,

Ethan Hua CHN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:35 AM
  • That's a bit frustrating, but thank you for your reply.
    Monday, June 23, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Why the hell can't u change the problem? U work at Microsoft, don't u?

Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:01 AM
  • It's more than a rage when u can't even sign out of your account, u know?

Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:01 AM
  • A bit? This is a complete and total disaster! Only humans wih distorted brains can stop users from signing out of such stupid thing!
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:06 AM