none
Change URL after changing site title RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

You can change the web site address in Site Settings | Customization | Change site title and description| web site address, in the "URL Name" textbox, you can easily change the URL.

Hope it helps.

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Bill..

If you open the parent site in FrontPage or SharePoint Designer you can rename the web site URL. Or you could use the STSAdm command on the server and rename the site from the command line:

stsadm.exe -renameweb -url http://SomeServer/SomeSite -newname SomeNewSite

Regards,

James.

• Proposed as answer by James Milne Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:32 AM
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

You can change the web site address in Site Settings | Customization | Change site title and description| web site address, in the "URL Name" textbox, you can easily change the URL.

Hope it helps.

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:57 AM
  • I can get to Site Settings | Customization | Change site title and description.  However, "web site address" does not appear on this page.  I see exactly 2 text boxes where I can make changes:  Title and Description.  I am a Domain Admin, Admin on the local machine and an Administrator for the site.  Are you seeing this setting in SharePoint 2003 or 2007?  I am using 2003.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:14 PM
  • You may need SP1 for this box to appear. But the STSAdm and SharePoint Designer solutions will work regardless of Service Pack level.

Regards,
    James.
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Umm.

He says he's using SPS 2003 ...

I'm wondering if you mean MOSS 2007 SP1 ?

----------------------

But it looks as if your first response (stsadm) might work with both SPS 2003 and MOSS 2007 - can you confirm?
    Monday, July 28, 2008 6:08 AM