HTML signature not editable in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a generator that s creating auto signatures for our outlook Users,

The problem is now testing Office 2013 that the signatures are distorted in the preview of the Signature tab

We only have a visibility of the .png logo, and not seeing text at all, so impossible to edit the signature inside the html editor of Outlook

Someone already encountered the same problem as me, a solution or KB that can fix it ..? Same problem in Outlook 2016,

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"the signatures are distorted in the preview of the Signature tab" -- What Signature tab do you mean? How does the distorted signatures look like? Would you please share a screenshot to help us understand the situation?

What does "the html editor of Outlook" refer to?

Basically, when we create a signature in Outlook, it will create three versions of signature, the HTML version, the RTF version and the Plain Text version. If you want to edit the HTML version of your Outlook signature, you can go to the following location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

Find the signature file with the .htm extension and open it with Notepad. Then you can edit it.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:00 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2016 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

"the signatures are distorted in the preview of the Signature tab" -- What Signature tab do you mean? How does the distorted signatures look like? Would you please share a screenshot to help us understand the situation?

What does "the html editor of Outlook" refer to?

Basically, when we create a signature in Outlook, it will create three versions of signature, the HTML version, the RTF version and the Plain Text version. If you want to edit the HTML version of your Outlook signature, you can go to the following location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

Find the signature file with the .htm extension and open it with Notepad. Then you can edit it.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:00 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Preview of Signature Tab,

So as you can see , normally you would have a table with several lines ( name/address/telephone number) on the side of the Logo,

Already the logo is appearing for only 30 percent,

Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:48 AM
  • The signature preview is working correctly in Outlook 2010, and when sending the signature in Outlook 2013 its also OK,

So its only when people want to change details in this preview of Outlook 2013 causing a problem because the lines are not showing, so impossible to change contact details,

Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:51 AM