none
Recovery Mailbox with 2 Names RRS feed

• Question

• Please, i need to recover a mailbox froma recovery database, but there is 2 Mailboxes with the same Name, and, when i try to restore the mailbox i receive the message: "Mailbox "Prueba" isn't unique on database "bdtest"

Can you help me to find the comand that list the smtp addres from this users in the recovery database.

Or something to restore both mailboxes from the recovery database to a mailbox.

Thanks

Maykoll

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Maykoll,

much as I'd like to help you, I don't know the answer to your solution out of memory. However, I do have a piece of advice for you: Asking your question in the right forums increases your chance for a swift answer. Your question appears to be more concerned with Exchange Administration than with developing programms that speak with Exchange or creating modifications of an Exchange Server.

Cheers and good luck with solving your problem,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Ok Thanks

Maykoll

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi Maykoll. I am not sure if you already have the answer for this but here is my thought. It is very common to have similar names for mailboxes and you must always use SMTP address or mailbox GUID in situations like this.

To find a mailbox GUID from a mailbox:

Get-MailboxStatistics -Database "Recovery Mailbox Database"| where-object {$_.DisplayName -like "*Prueba*"} | Select MailboxGUID,DisplayName,PrimarySMTPAddress,LastLogged*

Now with the MailboxGUID,

Do a New-MailboxRestoreRequest or Restore-Mailbox -identity "MailboxGUID" and proceed.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Regards, Siva

Friday, November 8, 2013 9:08 PM