none
Creating a Service Account

Question

• Dear all,

How can I create a manged service account in Active directory which has the privilege of installation application on client computers in the domain. 

Suppose a client user wants to install an important software , I want the users to use this account without the help of the administrator. the account is needed for this purpose only, so it doesn't need any more privilege than this. how can I create such account in Active Directory. my Domain controller is set up in windows 2012.

please help.

Friday, November 10, 2017 8:49 AM

All replies

• This will probably not work for the following reasons:

1) You would need to associate a service account with the computer on which it would run.  Normally managed service accounts are run on servers. Group managed service accounts (gmSA) can be used on several machines, but you still need to associate each of the machines with the account.

2) Not every application can run as a managed service account.

Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:28 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:25 AM