none
SharePoint Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I cannot open any site in SharePoint Designer 2013. Everything was working perfectly, but now I get the following message:<o:p></o:p>

Server Error: The version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation running on the server is more recent than the version of SharePoint Designer you are using. You need a more recent version of SharePoint Designer:<o:p></o:p>

I have tried clearing the cache, a complete reinstall, switching user, all the recommended solutions for this error, but none have worked. I have now come to a dead end. Is there anything else I should be checking?<o:p></o:p>

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Kieran

Monday, December 4, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Kieran- do you also have Designer '10 installed? You can't have both versions. Did you clear all of your local cache, both website and SharePoint? Make sure you close out of all your browsers and re-open them after clearing your cache.

Try switching the account you're using and re-authenticate, or log out/in.

What version of Office do you have? It should be '13.

Make sure the site is in your browser's trusted sites.

cameron rautmann

Monday, December 4, 2017 4:44 PM
  • You can have both Designer 2010 and 2013 installed on the same machine without issues.

Narocroc, are you using SharePoint Online or SharePoint Server 2013?

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, December 4, 2017 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

We are using on SharePoint server 2016, and have a hybrid solution. 

Many thanks

Monday, December 4, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have tried all the above with no luck

Thanks

Kieran

Monday, December 4, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Hi Kieran, 

Make sure if you have restarted SharePoint Designer after switching a user.

You can try below things for narrowing down your issue:

1. Check if you have installed different office versions. Mixed versions will cause this error. 

2. Open SharePoint Designer > Account > Sign out and sign in again with the right account to access the SharePoint site. Then restart SharePoint Designer(important!) and compare the results.

3. Go to IIS > select the corresponding authentication for the web app > Windows Authentication > Advanced settings and turn off Extended protection.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 8, 2017 10:47 AM
  • Hi Kieran,

How are things going? Have you solved your issue?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 15, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Hi Kieran,

How are things going? Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:05 AM