none
Picture of user in video library

All replies

• in an asset library, i configured the Modified By field to Show Picture Only(48*48) , and on the All Assets view, the user picture displays fine.  Could you please share more detail about how to reproduce? 

Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Here's a capture of what I see

Sorin Sandu

Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Did you try re-uploading the users profile picture via User Profile Service?  I'd try that to see if the picture profile property gets updated.  Does it happen for others users too?

Out of curiosity, was this a migrated farm or a new fresh farm?

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Hi

It's a new farm.

And it's the same for all users.

I think it's something about that url for the thumbnail.

Sorin Sandu

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:23 AM
  • Hi

Not so important but maybe it is a solution

In a video library when I play a video the picture of the user who uploaded it's not showing

I've followed the path of the image and it's different from that from a newsfeed

In the video library is

http://sp2013:8080/User%2520Photos/Profile%2520Pictures/ssandu_MThumb.jpg

and in newsfeed (wich is working) is

http://sp2013:8080/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/ssandu_SThumb.jpg

The first has a '25' character

Any ideas ?

Sorin Sandu

I am seeing this same behavior in my new farm.  The user photos seem to show up correctly in other locations, but not for the owner field when viewing the video content type (/Forms/Video/videoplayerpage.aspx).

As Sorin states, there appears to be an extra 25 (or 52) to the %20 space character in the user's photo URL.

I cracked open the videoplayerpage.aspx file that comes with that docset/content type and found that the UserField control that is rendering that picture was decorated with the NoCAML property set to "true".  I removed the NoCAML="true" property and the picture rendered as expected.

I realize this is NOT a fix and is NOT a supported change, but that property appears to be what is causing the issue.

Unfortunately the NoCAML property is not [yet] documented: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.webcontrols.userfield.nocaml.aspx

I hope at the very least this is a bug and the Product team can be made aware if they are not already.

• Edited by tgskiman Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:49 PM Clarification
    • Proposed as answer by tgskiman Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Bjoern H RappMVP, Editor Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:02 PM
    • Proposed as answer by MaartenSundman Wednesday, December 04, 2013 1:12 AM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:49 PM
  • just try Update-SPProfilePhotoStore if your site is upgraded from older version: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607547.aspx
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:33 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion. My farm is a new farm in a test environment, however I did try the Update-SPProfilePhotoStore command. Unfortunately there was not change.

Even before issuing this command, profile photos were displayed every else I have test thus far. Again, the only place where they were not (due to the incorrect URL with the extra 25 (or 52) in the picture path) was in the "videoplayerpage.aspx" page for the Video content type that was displaying the "Owner" property.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Hi again

Any news about this problem ?

There were 3 updates since and I have the same behavior.

Thank you

Sorin Sandu

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:57 AM
  • I have the same issue in several SharePoint 2013 installations/farms.

When you edited the videoplayerpage.aspx (in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\VideoAndRichMedia) and removed NoCAML="true", did you have to reinstall that feature?

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:08 AM
  • I am waiting for the first SP (next year) to see if it will correct this problem.

Sorin Sandu

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:12 AM
  • I did not try editing the feature itself and just edited the page in the list in question.  I would assume the list would have to be re-created for the change to the feature to take effect on that list (but not confirmed).
    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:36 PM
  • Try below workaround solution

1) Open videoplayerpage.aspx in SharePoint Designer to edit

2) Find the tag <asp:Content contentplaceholderid="PlaceHolderAdditionalPageHead" runat="server"> and Add following script inside the tag.

<script src="/SiteAssets/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" >

$(window).bind("load", function() {
     var $profileImage = $('.ms-peopleux-userImg').attr('src');

if (typeof $profileImage != 'undefined')
     {

$profileImage = $profileImage.replace("%2520","%20");
      $profileImage = $profileImage.replace("%2520","%20");
      $(".ms-peopleux-userImg").attr("src",$profileImage);
     }

});
    </script>

rpskumar

• Edited by rpskumar Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by rpskumar Monday, August 25, 2014 7:35 PM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Is there any fix for this issue yet?  I went ahead and made the videoplayerpage.aspx page edit and picture is now working fine but is there a Cu that fixes this yet?

Thanks n advance

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:44 PM