none
Outlook 2007 to 2016 Office Calendar Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Office Calendar that is under the public folders for all users on the domain. In this Office Calendar there is an Outlook Form that allows users to put items on the calendar and tag individuals and then attach specific documents from the server and then hit a button that sends all involved an email. This works perfectly fine with any computer running Outlook 2007, but I have tried it on Outlook 2016 and it does not work, it simply adds in the manual input of information and does no function of the Form. But if I run it on my local calendar as a regular Event it works and generates an email like it is supposed to.  Does anyone know of something that changed from 2007 to 2016 that would make this happen?

Thank you.

Zak

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Zak,

Does this issue affect all Outlook 2016 users in your environment?
    is there any error message when attempting to use the form in Outlook 2016?

If you are running MSI version of Outlook 2016 and have installed KB3191932(June 13, 2017), there is a known issue that when you use a custom form that you have created for Outlook, you will see the following two symptoms:
    1. VBScript does not run.
    2. You get a malicious code warning.

Currently, the Outlook product team are investigating this issue and will update in the link below when a fix is available:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-known-issues-in-the-June-2017-security-updates-3f6dbffd-8505-492d-b19f-b3b89369ed9b

Besides, for additional troubleshooting tips about Outlook forms, you may refer to the following article:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/outlook-vba/articles/troubleshooting-forms

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:44 AM
  • Thank you for the reply! Yes it does affect all users. This has happened since last December when I tried to get everyone up to date on the new office, I cannot move forward until this problem is fixed. When I attached to use a button on the form it just does nothing. But if I try to edit the code and then run it again, it will repopulate the calendar item as an event on my personal calendar and the form runs exactly as designed.

Thank you,

Zak

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:28 PM