none
compile error in Word

Question

• When I open Word  in Office 2007, I get a message that says, "Compile error iin hidden module: GlobalsEtc." When I hit the OK button, the message goes away and Word seems to work OK.  How can I get rid of the message or fix the problem.  Will Word work OK if I delete the module, and, if so, how do I find it?
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:03 PM

Answers

• It is probably an error in the code in either an Autoexec macro in the Normal.dotm template or in a template that is saved in the Word\Startup folder

If you remove all of the templates from the Word\Startup folder and the problem goes away, put them back one at a time to identify the one with the problem.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"55raco" wrote in message news:b9bd23f8-a231-4033-aee5-2e59b8962123@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

When I open Word  in Office 2007, I get a message that says, "Compile error iin hidden module: GlobalsEtc." When I hit the OK button, the message goes away and Word seems to work OK.  How can I get rid of the message or fix the problem.  Will Word work OK if I delete the module, and, if so, how do I find it?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:17 AM
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:03 PM