none
Excel Morefunc addin not functioning in Excel 2010

Question

• Hello, I've been using the Morefunc addin for excel (see http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm) since the last two versions.  There are a couple of functions that are critical to my spreadsheets, especially the Indirect.Ext function.  Since i migrated to Excel 2010, this has stopped working.  The addin appears in the ribbon, but anytime i use any of the formulae, I only get a "#NAME?" value.  Evaluating the function shows that Excel cannot find the function fromt he addin, so it does not know how to evaluate the parameters that go with it. 

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work, or even debug the problem?  Am I missing any support libraries?  Why has this stopped working in Excel 2010?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:25 AM

Answers

• Jdogzilla,

On the page for download there is text that says "These functions are compatible with Excel 95 to 2007. They can't be used with other spreadsheets."

I did try to download the add-in and the link on that page doesn't work.

You might want to contact the developer of this add-in to see if they have a version that will work with Excel 2010.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the version of your Office 2010 (32bit or 64bit)? And what is your OS?

Refer to these links, may be helpful.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/officeexcelfr/thread/e8eb8a30-0d7c-4000-a4a9-68b1f3491e13

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473056

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:29 AM
  • Hi, I'm using Windows 7 Professional and Office 2010 - all 32 bit.  The problem is that Excel is not registering the list of functions provided by the add-in.  With the addin, a list of new functions should come up in the "Insert Function" dialog, which it did in previous versions of Excel and on Windows 7 Prof, but now it doesn't.  Can someone try the same?  Are there any additional .Net or other libraries that I need to have installed?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:40 AM
  • Jdogzilla,

On the page for download there is text that says "These functions are compatible with Excel 95 to 2007. They can't be used with other spreadsheets."

You might want to contact the developer of this add-in to see if they have a version that will work with Excel 2010.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:44 PM
  • Bonsour®

"Will Buffington [MSFT]" a écrit

the main page has been hacked !!!
    but this link is already functional

http://xcell05.free.fr/downloads/Morefunc.zip

For futher information contact "Misange" Excel MVP on Microsoft private MVP Forum

Maude Este
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:37 PM
  • Hello Guys,

I too am trying to make morefunc work with Excel2010, I am in a 32bit machine. I have what I think is the latest download, it showed version 5 on load but can't find the version in the documentation (File, properties was where I tried). The date on the file is 28 October 2007 04:39:38.

I cannot see the morefunc gruop in the functions list when using Insert Functions. i have tried to find it by adding it to the ribbon but can't.

It seems some of you have it working.... how?

thank you...................... liz

thank you.................liz
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:21 PM
  • This worked for me!

Copy the Morefunc.xll file to the Addin Folder:

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

xxxxx = your user name

You might need to active show hidden files and folder under tools on windows explorer.

In Excel go to  File|Options|Add-Ins

On the bottom under Manager: Excel Add-ins press Go...

Then Browse, then select Morefunc.xll

Then OK

Done!!!

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Cheers bro, problem solved! Recommended to others!
    Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:02 PM