Skype for Business server 2015 configuration - licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Our organization recently purchased 10 additional CALs for Skype for business Server 2015 from Dell.  I was wondering if any configuration changes needed to be applied to the Skype For Business 2015 front end (on-premise) server to accommodate these additional CALs

thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

CALs are just a piece of paper that indicates you have the right to access skype for Business server. you don't need any configuration changes in front-end server.

thanks

diramoh 

• Marked as answer by GP-Admin Monday, November 20, 2017 10:17 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi GP-Admin,

Based on my research,if you buy the CALs,you donot need to make configuration changes to the Skype For Business 2015 front end (on-premise) server,CALs is applied to the client or users, In addition to CALs, server licenses are required for every front-end server.if you have some doubts about the licenses,you could refer to the following link.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Lync-2013-Licensing-Guide-6b29ffb5

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 17, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

CALs are just a piece of paper that indicates you have the right to access skype for Business server. you don't need any configuration changes in front-end server.

thanks

diramoh 

• Marked as answer by GP-Admin Monday, November 20, 2017 10:17 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Leon, I appreciate the feedback
    Monday, November 20, 2017 10:17 PM
  • you are welcome

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:26 AM