none
Adobe Acrobat X integration with SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Have just tried out the new Adobe PDF integration with SharePoint (using 2010).  It is very good and I am glad that Adobe have final produced a good solution for working with PDFs in SharePoint.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/869/cpsid_86901.html

The problem is that on one farm the integration does not appear to work.

Any JavaScript link fails, loading Adobe acrobat reader but reporting an invalid URL.  By default this is 'Edit document' from the context menu and the links to prior versions on the version history.

The hyperlink on the file name in the standard document library view works fine and Acrobat prompts you to check out the file if necessary and back in on closure.

If the links within the javascript are pasted into the i.e. address bar they work fine.

The problems seems to be with the new open control that abode has introduced as is configured in docicon.xml  OpenControl="AdobeAcrobat.OpenDocuments"

I am not sure, however, how to troubleshoot this.  Acrobat 10 reader is installed on all clients.  The problem exists both from a browser on the server and a client.  The url of the site is in the local intranet zone in i.e. and there are no script errors on page.

The iis logs from the time of the problem do show a success on the url of the document (i.e. status 200)

There is nothing informative in the ULS logs.

Has anyone else seen this problem or have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot such a problem?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:33 PM

All replies

• Bump
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Having similar problem. For me, the Edit in.. link in the ECB works on IE - but not on Firefox. I also have a content type that has a PDF as the document template. Trying to create a new document by selecting this content type off the New button gives an error in Firefox. In IE it does not do anything, no errors, and Acrobat Reader also does not open.

Please post answer if you have managed to solve it.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:23 PM
  • Bernado, sorry I found no solution
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:20 PM