none
Migrate SharePoint 2010 on premises to online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need to migrate existing SharePoint 2010 on premises to cloud with unaltered metadata. Is there any step by step guide to do this migration without using any third party tool?

Please suggest

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:56 AM

Answers

• You may opt for Metalogix which could be free for you if your migration content does not exceeds 25 GB. I am not sure about the pricing models for each migration tool. You may get in touch with vendor's support team and they will answer your price queries.

http://www.metalogix.com/Products/Content-Matrix/Compare.aspx

If I had preferred then this would be my preference:

1. Metalogix
    2. ShareGate
    3. MetaVis
    4. AvePoint

This is just my personal view and my own preferences and I am not promoting any of the products listed above. It is just my personal preference based on feature and pricing.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 5:45 AM

All replies

• There is an awesome article explaining on migrating from SharePoint on-premise to online Office 365. 

SharePoint to Office 365 Migration – Supported Scenarios

This article should help you in understanding the steps involved. Reading the complete article would definitely help you but if you can read just one section then you will understand which is the best way to do the online migration of SharePoint.

"What are the Supported Upgrade Scenarios to move to SharePoint Online or Office 365?"

Do not miss this section in the article.

To retain the metadata, a third party tool is the only approach I know when migrating to Office 365.
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:24 AM
  • I have gone through this link already. But thanks anyway. If I have to use third party tool to retain the metadata then which is the best third party tool in terms money,cheapest license?

Any idea?

Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:11 PM
  • You may opt for Metalogix which could be free for you if your migration content does not exceeds 25 GB. I am not sure about the pricing models for each migration tool. You may get in touch with vendor's support team and they will answer your price queries.

http://www.metalogix.com/Products/Content-Matrix/Compare.aspx

If I had preferred then this would be my preference:

1. Metalogix
    2. ShareGate
    3. MetaVis
    4. AvePoint

This is just my personal view and my own preferences and I am not promoting any of the products listed above. It is just my personal preference based on feature and pricing.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

Any experiences in Fasttrack or powershell migration scripts?

François

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

You can migrate SharePoint 2010 to Office 365 manually using the steps mentioned in 

https://expert-advice.org/office365/sharepoint-2010-on-premises-to-sharepoint-online-office-365-migration/

But, for advanced migration with ootb features, you have to rely only on Third party tools. Lot of tools out there with certain days of evaluation version which you can try. I would suggest Vyapin SharePoint migration Tool - "Dockit Migrator" for your migration needs.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:00 AM