none
Additional fields from lookup not inherited on all content types RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have got a list with serveral content types and a lookup field.

When i select additional fields from the lookup field (Pic.1), they only get added to the default content type (Room) of the list (Pic.2).
    But i need them on other content types also.

What do i have to do to accomplish this ?

Monday, February 22, 2016 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

According to your description, the newly created look up column only work in the default content type.

This is caused by that the lookup column doesn’t exist in other content types.

Here are two solutions:
    1. Delete the lookup column and recreate it. Make sure the “Add to all content types” box is checked.

2. Click into the content types which don’t include the column and add the lookup column to them.

Now, here is the result:

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

According to your description, the newly created look up column only work in the default content type.

This is caused by that the lookup column doesn’t exist in other content types.

Here are two solutions:
    1. Delete the lookup column and recreate it. Make sure the “Add to all content types” box is checked.

2. Click into the content types which don’t include the column and add the lookup column to them.

Now, here is the result:

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Have to go into the content type and remove and re-add field, then all the additional fields are added also.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:39 PM