none
lync server control panel RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am having issues launching lync server control panel. gives me Unauthorized: Authorization failed.

This is the error I see in event log.

Remote PowerShell cannot read the RBAC Roles information from the store.

Remote PowerShell encountered problem when trying to read the RBAC Roles information for the user. Cause of failure: Cannot open database "xds" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Cause: The failure may have happened due to some permissions issue in reading the management store.

Resolution:

Make sure that the server is domain joined machine and able to query the active directory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried different steps provided in other threads but no luck.

I am not sure why It is trying to access AD using 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

I tried accessing direct URl "https://server.domain.com/cscp " still no luck.

I tried logging in using Domain Admin still no luck.

I have also Confirmed user is a member of CSAdministrator and  CSUserAdministrator group.

Heeeeeelp

Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 2, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you configure a simple URL for the control panel? Did it prompt for a login? 

1)Please also verify that the account is a member of RTCUniversalserveradmin.

2)Please verify that  you have added an A or CName record on your DNS zone that point to your FE Pool IP or FQDN.

3)Please verify that you have enable Direcotory Browsing(By default,it's disabled) in IIS manager.

4)Another information for your reference.

http://www.expta.com/2010/11/unable-to-logon-to-lync-server-control.html

Hope this useful!

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:10 AM

All replies

• You posted this in the Edge Server forum...are you trying to launch the Control Panel on the Edger server?  If so, you can't and there is no need to, everything can be managed internally and then settings are replicated to the Edge.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:37 PM
  • I have internal edge server running on the same server as Lync Server.

Are there any other ways to manage users other than Control Panel?

Monday, May 2, 2011 4:42 PM
  • I have internal edge server running on the same server as Lync Server.

Are there any other ways to manage users other than Control Panel?

You cannot collocate the Lync Edge role with the Lync Front-End role.  Maybe I am confused on what you are trying to say.  You can also use Powershell to manage users.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:44 PM
  • This is my current Configuration

AD - 2003 

DB - SQL Server 2008

Lync Front end Enterprise pool running on Win 2008 

I am trying to access control panel on my front end server.

Monday, May 2, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Hi,

Did you configure a simple URL for the control panel? Did it prompt for a login? 

1)Please also verify that the account is a member of RTCUniversalserveradmin.

2)Please verify that  you have added an A or CName record on your DNS zone that point to your FE Pool IP or FQDN.

3)Please verify that you have enable Direcotory Browsing(By default,it's disabled) in IIS manager.

4)Another information for your reference.

http://www.expta.com/2010/11/unable-to-logon-to-lync-server-control.html

Hope this useful!

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates please let us know.Thanks!

Regards,

Sharon

Friday, May 6, 2011 9:49 AM
  • Hello Sharan,

I have similar problem, My Lync Config I have added second Pool , and I have added one front end server to that pool. After Everything I am not able login to Control panel of pool2 and users of pool2 as it shows error in veryfying certificate.

Please let me know if you have any solution.

Regards,

_Subba Rao CH.

Monday, July 18, 2011 1:10 PM
  • Hi,eserver544,

This thread has been closed.Would you please post a new thread for your question?Thanks!

Regards,

Sharon

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Hi Sharon ,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have posted a separate thread.

Regards,

_Subba Rao CH.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:37 AM