none
Error when creating a subsite RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I created a site template from a site that I want to start creating subsites from.  When I try to create a test site [test1] I receive the following error in the front end and the ULS logs:

• Failed to activate site-scoped features for template 'STS#0'  [in ULS logs]
    • Front end error -> (null) "[current site]/test1/[document library***" not found.

*This is a document library on the main site.

SharePoint 2013 | On Prem

Thank you,
    Hyde

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

• Edited by Hyde_311 Friday, January 27, 2017 1:02 AM added content
    Friday, January 27, 2017 12:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Hyde,

For the first error, it seems that you need to enable some site scope features in the root site.

For the second error, it is hard to tell what caused such error.

Please provide more detailed error message for further research.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Hi Victoria, thanks for the reply.  I am on the same site as the site I used to create the template so I am pretty sure all the features are the same.

Thanks,
    Hyde

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Friday, January 27, 2017 2:28 PM
  • Hi everyone,

This seems to be happening with any template I created, there is just a different doc library that it is complaining about.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Hyde

Sunday, January 29, 2017 8:11 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

I recommend to remove the documents inside the library and then create a new site template, after that check what happens when creating a new site based on the new site template.

Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 30, 2017 2:51 AM
  • Thanks Victoria for the reply. I removed the document library folder it was complaining about and it just complained about another one, which I also removed.  After removing 3 empty document library folders it finally complained about one that had content in it that I couldn't remove. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Hyde

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:38 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

What happens when removing the whole library?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:06 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

I cannot delete the entire document library because it contains a lot of content and it's in a production environment.  I was thinking of doing the following steps...what do you think?

• create a backup of the site
    • restore the site to a blank site
    • remove all the content
    • create a template of the new site
    • test the template

At this point that seems like the only option, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
    Hyde

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:05 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

In my opinion, your idea is fine. Please test the steps first to see if the site template can be used successfully without the library.

From the above testing results, it seems that the issue is related with that library.

Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:44 AM