none
Unable to sign into SharePoint App on Android Devices (iOS works fine) RRS feed

• Question

• We have an on premise SharePoint 2016 environment, users can sign into SharePoint using the App on any iOS device fine and can sign into SharePoint on Android devices when using the browser, however none of our users are able to sign in using the MS SharePoint App on an Android device. 

We can download the App, enter the correct URL but when we enter the login credentials get "There's no network connection, Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi Mobile network and try again" 

I have tried 4 different mobile devices with no luck

I have tried Mobile Data, public Wi-FI, Corporate Wi-Fi with no luck

We have tried force stopping the app, clearing the cache, uninstalling, rebooting the device and re-installing the app. 

I stress this issue is only affecting Android devices when trying to sign in via the SharePoint App. This is not specific to a single user or device.

Does anyone have a fix for this very frustrating issue?

Thanks

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi All, 

I thought I'd update you on this, the issue was actually a mobile app fault with SharePoint on premise installations. A new version has recently been released and it is now working.  

Thanks

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Mr Caravan,

Make sure version of Android is Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later.

Whether you have configure SSL for SharePoint site?

If so, try to confirm whether or not the SSL certificate you used is trusted by the mobile device's Operating System.

More information: Supporting the SharePoint mobile apps online and on-premises

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:13 AM
  • thanks Grace, i'll check this out 
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Hi Mr Caravan,

If there is any update, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:49 AM
  • Hi All, 

I thought I'd update you on this, the issue was actually a mobile app fault with SharePoint on premise installations. A new version has recently been released and it is now working.  

Thanks

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Hi Mr Caravan,

Thanks for your sharing.

You can mark your post as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi Mr Caravan,

I’m glad you have resolved your issue and provide the solution with us.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Unable to sign into SharePoint App on Android Devices (iOS works fine)]

Environment

====================

SharePoint server 2016 + SharePoint Android App

Question

====================

None of users can sign in SharePoint server 2016 site when using SharePoint Android App, and get error “There's no network connection, Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi Mobile network and try again”.

Actions: Sign in on iOS app, worked

Sign in using browser, worked

Checked Mobile Data, public Wi-FI, Corporate Wi-Fi, not work

Stopping the app, clearing the cache, uninstalling, rebooting the device and re-installing the app, not work.

Analysis (solution)

====================

Since we have stopped supporting Http connection from SharePoint Android App 3.13 version, we could  install the latest version of SharePoint Android App to avoid this issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:30 AM