none
Retention Policy: Set event trigger to a specific Date? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to setup a Retention policy stage to have a trigger event of date to activate immediately after the event has occured.  It allowed me to set the Event time period to 0 Days without producing and error, so I assumed this would work, but unfortunately the date i set in the column did activate my workflow through the retention policy.

Q1) If I set the timer period to 0 days after the event, will it trigger immediately or within a certain amount of time that day? Similarly, If set the timer period to 1 days after the event, will it trigger exactly a day from that time of day or approximately a day later? I want to do this so that I can see immediate feedback on how my Retention Policies work. I have not been able to activate yet.

Q2) If I set the trigger Event type to date, how do I actually get my workflow to activate? I date column to my document and appropriate content type, but it does not hel activate my workflow.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you.

Jerry

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:36 PM

Answers

• i found two timer jobs related to the retention policy:

Information management policy;

Expiration policy;

If i set the retention policy to trigger workflow 0 day's after modified. and then modify the document, the workflow will be triggered next time the Expiration policy runs.

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:41 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 7:36 AM