none
How to install a HCW tool in exchange server 2013 with server that have 3 CAS server ? RRS feed

• Question

• Now I have a question about how to install HCW tool if there are 3 CAS servers ?

Very happy if anyone answered this question

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:20 AM

Answers

• You only install the HCW tool once and only to establish the hybrid configuration.  Once you have established the configuration, there is no further use for the tool unless you need to change the configuration, and it's probably best to download it again anyway to ensure you have the latest version.

As to the server selection, it depends.  If they are load-balanced, you can connect to all of them by specifying the load-balanced host name.  If they aren't, you can choose one or more of them by server name for some features as long as those names are exposed to the Internet.  It's important that you have Autodiscover properly configured and valid third-party certificates for whatever names you use.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:03 PM

All replies

• You only install the HCW tool once and only to establish the hybrid configuration.  Once you have established the configuration, there is no further use for the tool unless you need to change the configuration, and it's probably best to download it again anyway to ensure you have the latest version.

As to the server selection, it depends.  If they are load-balanced, you can connect to all of them by specifying the load-balanced host name.  If they aren't, you can choose one or more of them by server name for some features as long as those names are exposed to the Internet.  It's important that you have Autodiscover properly configured and valid third-party certificates for whatever names you use.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:03 PM
  • Hi ManhVD,

Ed is right, you only need to install the HCW tool once on one of 3 cas servers. 

As a supplement, you can refer to the following article to install HCW tool, it provides a detailed step-by-step guide: 

Exchange/Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard – step by step guide

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Just to clarify, the HCW is a setup tool.  The Hybrid Configuration is simply a bunch of settings in Exchange on-premises and Exchange Online.  There is no HCW component running anywhere.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:58 PM
  • Hi ManhVD,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Thanks for your support. You are right!

when i installing a HCW tool, at the first step, i can only choose one CAS server, everything goes smoothly.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:13 AM
  • Hi Niko.Cheng

Ed is right. When i installing HCW tool, at the first step, i can only choose one CAS server to install. After that, I did a test on my hybrid system, and it ran fine. I marked Ed's answer, it was really helpful for me.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:18 AM