none
Can i download Visio and use it in development machine from visual studio subscription page RRS feed

• Question

• I am visual studio subscription user, can i download the Visio and use it in our development machine for project development.
    Friday, August 4, 2017 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Jensen,

Please check whether the article below is helpful to your question:

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/know-software-available-download/

If you would like further assistance on this issue, I'd recommend you contact the support for Visual Studio subscription directly via:

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Thank you for your reply! In fact, after i login with my visual studio account, i can find the Visio download link from the download list and i also can get a product key. The problem is Our IT Engineer think it will have legal problem if we use it on our development machine. So I want to get a explicit answer on this question from microsoft. i can provide my subscription account name:  jensen.wang@perkinelmer.com

Thanks

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Thank you for the update. I understand your situation, however, this forum is for technical questions related to Microsoft Visio. To avoid providing improper responses for questions we are not very good at, it's recommended to contact the support for Visual Studio subscription as i suggested before.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi Jensen-Wang,

If you own a MSDN Subscription and if Visio is part of your subscription you can able to use it for your development purpose. MSDN Subscriber access portal will provide you the necessary product key for the download and use. This is part of the subscription benefit program so there is nothing illegal about it.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:19 AM