Polycom VVX registration issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have configured the Skype for Business server 2019. We have an internal domain named "hq.domain.com" and we need all email addresses and SIP URI as user@domain.com. I have already added additional SIP domain "domain.com". When I am login to Polycom VVX 411/501/601 using SIP URI user@domain.com, it is failed to login. When using user@hq.domain.com, the users are able to log in fine. Kindly help me fix this as we need all logins to be user@domain.com

Thank You

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Jimmy,

Thanks a lot for your response. 

I have fixed this issue by removing the domain during the loging. Following login details are provided.

1- sip uri (user@domain.com)

2- domain (kept empty)

3- Uername

4- Password

Monday, June 8, 2020 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi AbdulRasheed1984!

Did you add new sip domain (hq.domain.com) in your Skype for Business Server?

I am not sure if this configuration will affect Polycom VVX registration, but you can try to see if can be worked for you.

You can try to run the following command “Get-Cssipdomain”in Skype for Business PowerShell to see which domain is set to default and then run “Set-Cssipdomain” to set the domain “domain.com” as default one. After you change the default domain, then try to restart the service in Skype for Business Server.

For more details about how to configure the Polycom VVX for SIP registration, you can learn from:

https://twilio-cms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/PolycomVVX400CfgGuideVer1_0.docx.pdf

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:04 AM
  • Hello Jimmy,

Thanks a lot for your response. 

I have fixed this issue by removing the domain during the loging. Following login details are provided.

1- sip uri (user@domain.com)

2- domain (kept empty)

3- Uername

4- Password

Monday, June 8, 2020 5:30 PM
  • Hi AbdulRasheed1984

Thanks for sharing your solution about this issue.

Meanwhile, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:02 AM