none
Change Exchange server provided by autodiscover.xml RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Due to an Office 365 hybrid configuration, I need to change my certificate to a public one, so i have to change the Exchange server name provided on the autodiscover.xml file, cause I could have problems with the certificate on clients already configured. 

I have to bear in mind that I have to change Exchange URL too, but, where could i change the autodiscover.xml parameters?

I hope I´ve explained the cause.

Thanks a lot to all the TechNet community.

Israel

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi

You need to update the url to what you have on your cert, did you purchase a SAN cert or a wildcard?

Here is the command if you running exchange 2016:

Set-ClientAccessService -Identity Server1 -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover.domain.comAutodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Melllbar Monday, May 27, 2019 11:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:10 PM
  • Hi there

thank you for the feedback and glad that all is working.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Melllbar Friday, August 2, 2019 10:08 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi

You need to update the url to what you have on your cert, did you purchase a SAN cert or a wildcard?

Here is the command if you running exchange 2016:

Set-ClientAccessService -Identity Server1 -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover.domain.comAutodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

• Marked as answer by Melllbar Monday, May 27, 2019 11:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:10 PM
  • Hi Edward,

With the command you have given I could solve the issue. I had to buy a wildcard certificate, but I also had  to run the command.

Thaks a lot for your help!

Monday, May 27, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Hi there

thank you for the feedback and glad that all is working.

• Marked as answer by Melllbar Friday, August 2, 2019 10:08 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 5:56 PM