none
No incoming calls on Iphone after 30 minutes S4B

Question

• Hi,

We have 500 users with Iphones in the organisation with IOS 10 (10.0.2 and 10.0.3) deployed, and all of them having the same issue: there are no inoming calls after you don't use the phone for a short time (like 15 till 30 minutes). If you then use the app (just open it) the calls come trough. After some minutes of inactivity the calls are only offered at the pc client and not the mobile.

I have checked the settings on the Iphone (push notifications are on, voice settings are on cellular, background app refresh is on, all the other notifications are on).

I have tested this with the Skype for Business client version: 6.14.0.224

Also tested with : 6.12 versions and 6.11 versions.

I have checked all the setting on the pc client, but there also tried different setting with no succes.

Is there some configuration missing (phone / app functionality / server)? 

Thanks for the help !

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• Are they on their PC when they notice the calls not coming through? If so the PC is probably being listed as the active device for the user and calls are directed to that client. Are you able to recreate this issue if the user is not signed into a PC?

-Don

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:35 PM
  • Hi,

Although you have already checked settings but can you please clarify whether you have checked notification setting. From the Settings app, tap Notification Center and then select Skype for Business. Then select how you want notifications to be displayed. Also, I have not used that much SFB on iPhone but in Android's SFB settings, there is a option "Keep running in background" which we need to enable by marking a tick on it. So you can also check whether such option is visible in SFB iOS app.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Thanks.

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Hi 1984_sk,

In order to narrow down this issue, please help us confirm the following questions:
    1.Did this issues also appear on the Android phone?
    2.Can you receive IM message after 15 to 30 minutes?
    3.Which product did you use for the reverse proxy?

Based on my test, after 20 minutes, SFB mobile client still receive incoming calls as normal. (I have the same version as yours 6.14.0.224), please make sure your SFB mobile client is running in the background. For test purpose, please try to reset one of your IOS deceive then test if there is the same issue.

For server side, try to check if there are any event IDs in your SFB server, if possible, please provide it for us to do further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 8:29 AM