none
Skype for businss hoster roadmap? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone happened to hear anything about a "Hosting Pack" / multi-tenant setup for the new Skype for Business? Microsoft dropped the hosting pack so just wondering if they have plans to support multi-tenancy with Skype for Business.

I know its early and hasn't bee released yet.. just curious

Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:01 PM

Answers

• I haven't heard anything one way or another, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Microsoft from what I recall basically said the roadmap was to move to Lync Online.   If there was a new release, I don't think the old version would have been dropped.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:08 PM

All replies

• I haven't heard anything one way or another, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Microsoft from what I recall basically said the roadmap was to move to Lync Online.   If there was a new release, I don't think the old version would have been dropped.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:08 PM
  • I guess I was hoping it was like the Exchange SP1 /hosting to the SP2 Address Book Policies. That was a great change (well migrating from SP1/hosting to SP2 sucked).

I honestly have never liked the Lync hosting packs. They were missing features and with 2013 their documentation was way off. Microsoft support was completely clueless with it too. 

Having Lync turned into "Skype for Business" would help us hosters IMO just for the product name (everyone knows Skype).

Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Hi,

So far, there isn’t too much official documents about Skype for Business. In my opinion, it should be not too big change with Lync Server 2013. However, if you want to know more information about Skype for Business, you’d better to contact Microsoft.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:07 PM
  • Hi, any news with the hosting pack? I can't believe that Microsoft seriously dropped that. We have about 100 customers on Lync 2013 hosting pack.

Can't tell them to switch to Office 365 and cancel our contract!

Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:47 PM
  • Not anymore.

Skype for Business Server 2015 (TechNet Library)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398616.aspx

Please share if this helps. Thanks.

TechNet/MSDN Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com

Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:51 PM
  • Some hosters have already Skype 4 business as hosting pack, I wonder how are they doing?
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:05 PM
  • Where did you hear this? Are you sure they are not just using on-premises with the GroupingID attribute?
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:13 AM
  • I saw on their websites that they are Skye4B ready with hosting. Don't know how this works.

Maybe as you say with Grouping ID and some Tools that suppress the availability status when a user types the whole SIP address into the search field.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 11:15 AM
  • Any updates on this?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:59 PM
  • http://www.multiux.com/cloud-pack-for-skype-for-business-program/ 

Please contact info@multiux.com if interested. Thanks in advance

Monday, October 26, 2015 1:50 PM
  • So what did you end up doing or are you still in the same situation?
    Monday, June 12, 2017 2:38 PM