none
Allow internal email and block external email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're using exchange 2010. I have a server on a separate subnet from my exchange server that will be sending emails through a receive connector to internal email address. We want to make sure that it cannot send email externally. I don't see a way to set up a transport rule that will block based on IP address - only from email address or a distribution group. 

Is there a way to set this up in Exchange 2010?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:25 PM

All replies

• Create a send connector with that IP or modify your current connector to only allow mail from your exchange server.

Is this server an SMTP server with IIS installed?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:26 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:19 AM