none
SharePoint and PowerApps. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All. I wish to have 2 image controls on my app but I am not getting the expected behaviour so I was hoping someone could point out what I am doing wrong.

I know there is a PowerApps forum but my posts are not showing up in the feed for some reason so I will duplicate here in the hopes that someone might still be able to help me.

My app is a simple morning checklist for meeting rooms.

Currently, I am trying to build an app that allows me to add rooms on my mobile. It will have the following fields.

1. Location (Title)

2. Image (Image is taken from phone of the meeting room)

3. Map (Uploaded image of a floorplan - in JPEG)

4. Room number.

My first problem is with 'Map'. I created a document library to hold the floorplans, then I put the URL to the image (from the doc library) in the URL field for the field called 'Map'.

What happens is that I get a long URL hyperlink in the power app that when clicked takes me to a SharePoint library (i think, I just get caught in an endless loop of trying to log in).

I would prefer not to have the additional doc library if I can avoid it, but this is my first foray into both SharePoint and PowerApps. 

Secondly, I tried to add a control 'add image' for the room 'Image' which allows me to take a photo of the room. My problem is that when not in edit mode I can still click the image to bring up the controls for changing the image (camera or upload). Otherwise, this looks better. It shows the image in the app unlike above where I get a long URL.

The image is also disappearing when I log in again. No idea where this is stored on SharePoint either.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. 

Thursday, January 25, 2018 12:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you set SaveData function for image control?

You need to set SaveData function or Path function. After that, the uploaded image will be saved to the data source.

More steps for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/controls/control-add-picture

If you need more help, I suggest you post to PowerApps forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 26, 2018 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you set SaveData function for image control?

You need to set SaveData function or Path function. After that, the uploaded image will be saved to the data source.

More steps for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/controls/control-add-picture

If you need more help, I suggest you post to PowerApps forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 26, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Thanks, I hadn't seen that option.

Still seems to be odd behaviour. If I switch it to a picture from a link then I can see the image now, however in SharePoint when I go to edit the value it is no longer editable, either for the ones that had a link or the blank ones.

about the PowerApps forum, I am unable to post there. It creates my post but it is not showing up in the actual forum for some reason. So no one is seeing my posts. That is why I have had to post here.

As you can see here, I made 2 posts but neither have any views.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Problem-with-images/m-p/84096#M32357

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:56 PM