Office 2019 - Set Up Error RRS feed

• Question

• Getting the following error message:

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): This product requires Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or higher., with ASP .NET v4.0 in the list of IIS Web Server Extensions. Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run the setup."

HOW DO I CORRECT THIS ISSUE?--WE ARE USING WINDOWS 10 HOME. I have tried to install onto 2 different computers (HP Tower and Microsoft Surface) and have gotten the same error message. I do not have an IT professional on staff to ask how to fix this.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the error message, you need to enable Internet Information Services (IIS) on the server. Please follow these steps to enable Internet Information Services(IIS) and then re-run to setup Office 2019.

1. Go to Control Panel- Programs and Features- Turn Windows features on or off:

2. Check Internet Information Services (IIS)- OK:

Then try to re-set up Office 2019, any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, January 11, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:50 AM
  • I did the steps as you listed them, rebooted computer and it still doesn't work.  Walked back through all the steps, it's as described, but setup still doesn't run.
    Friday, September 6, 2019 10:40 PM
  • I had the same issue. I found the answer in another Microsoft Answers post

So what I downloaded from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center was actually "Office Online Server", not Office 2019. If you get the licenses via TechSoup or other Volume Licensing the following applies: 

"Office Standard 2019 will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We are not providing MSI as a deployment methodology for Office Standard 2019"

You will need to use the Office 2019 Deployment tool instead:

1. Download the deployment tool

2. Use the OCT to quickly create the XML file 

3. Download the XML file to a directory

4. Run the deployment tool download to extract its contents to the same directory

5. From an elevated command line run - setup /download configuration.xml

5. Once completed run - setup /configure configuration.xml

This will install office for you based on your answers in the OCT.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 8:09 PM