Hello, I am spending hours trying to sort out issues with creating accounts on a brand new laptop. Whether using the wizard or creating a profile manually,
I am able to pick up the account from the exchange server, but keep running into the error;
“Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your outlook data
file (.ost) “
I have done the following and still receive the error;
1. Removed all references to past Office keys in the registry
2. Run “outlook.exe /resetnavpane” (Many times)
3. Deleted the profile.xml file
4. Recreated the profile (Many times)
5. Reinstalled office 2013 (twice)
6. Run Scanpst.exe – cannot recognize the .ost file
By the way it is an OWA, I have created many accounts successfully in the past, but nothing is working now.
I believe I have tried everything that I can find online but cannot find a solution. I am hoping that you have come across this issue and can advise? I am at my wits end.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.