Excel 2016 There is not enough memory to complete this action. RRS feed

• Question

• Good day

We having an issue with Excel 2016 sheet. I am getting the error message from multiple computers.

One machine is an i7, 16GB memory, 265 SSD with Windows 10 Pro other machine are a i5, 8GB memory, 256GB SSD with Windows 7 Pro both are Office 2016 ProPlus 64bit.

Here are the steps I have already done.

Options>Formulas>Calculation Options - Set this to manual

Advanced>Display>Disable hardware graphics acceleration - are tick

Advanced>General>Ignore other applications that use DDE - are tick

Also amend the page file with no success. 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gerrit

Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Gerrit,

Do this problem appear in all Excel files or a specific file?

Is the file size large?

If this problem only appear in any specific file, please make sure this file is not blocked.

Then if this problem always appeared when using large files or files with formulas, please try to increase virtual memory.

I also suggest you clear clipboard, system temp files.

You can also try to reapri Office application and check the result:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 27, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Hi,  

I have occasionally gotten this error when I try to do particularly large operations like paste difficult to calculate formulas into many cells (100,000 or more) at once. Is this happening all the time, or just with very difficult operations?

Ethan

Ethan Strauss

Friday, April 27, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 4, 2018 9:25 AM