none
i am facing the external mail-flow issue in exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I have domain controller 2008 r2 and exchange 2010 sp3. I have publish MX and autodiscover dns records updated. now i am not able to received email from external domain.

Domain name in AD: techdemo.local

Custom Domain in exchange : techdemo.xyz

publish dns: mail.techdemo.xyz 

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello.

1. Please check your mx and SPF, A record in https://mxtoolbox.com/

2. Please check your FireWall rule for SMTP Exchange traffic .

3. Please check enable log on Send/Receive connector.

4. Please check Autodiscover and send/receive messages on https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

What MX record did you create?

Do you mean you want to use user@techdemo.xyz to receive emails? If so, you have to create the MX record for techdemo.xyz. 

Do external senders get any NDRs when send emails to user@techdemo.xyz? If available, you can post the NDR message here and please don't forget to cover your personal information.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi PK_TECHNET,

Any updates so far? If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:21 PM
  • Here is a blog about MX records: Email Fundamentals: What is an MX Record, and How Do They Work?, please make sure you have created the correct MX record for the suffix of mailbox address, and A record points to the right IP address.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Hi Lydia,

I am facing in my exchange multiple issue.

1. I am unable to configure user outlook profile from external network. it is working fine even i have publish auto-discover record in public DNS.

2. External Mail flow issue has been resolved.

3. When i am access ECP from exchange server 2016 then getting the TLS error.

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://localhost again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

Even i have enabled TLS 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Can you share with us about how you solved external mail flow issue? If you get help from above replies, you can mark the useful ones as answer by yourself.

You can ask new questions in the forum about other issues, more community members can notice them and we will provide suggestions to solve them separately.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Sunday, December 8, 2019 12:50 PM