none
SharePoint Retention Policy Activating/Recurring difficulty RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have followed several tutorials on how to create a recurring retention policy for content types and libraries and I cannot get my workflow to activate or reoccur. 

I set up a unique content type called "Training Document". I then input a date column in my library. I defined a Retention policy for Training Document.  I added one retention stage with the following settings:

• Event Activation-Time Period: Date+0 Days
    • Action: Start WorkFlow (Training Workflow)
    • Recurrence period: 0 Days

I am not sure how the Date option works, so I set a specfic date in my date column for a document, hoping that would be the trigger date.  This did not work. 

I tried creating one rentention stage to trigger by document creation, modifcation, and declaration.  None of these worked. I use a activation and recurrence time period of 0 or 1 days for testing purposes. My ideal solution would be to trigger my retention policy by a specific date, and have it recurring every year.

I have not been able to set a recurrence for a document workflow let alone activate one. Do you have any idea why I am experiencing this difficulty?

Thank you.

Jerry Tokars

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:39 PM

Answers

• Gregg,

Thank you for the response and the suggestion, but a paid support case wont be neccessary. I believe the issue is that I have two Timer Jobs set to default (Set to weekly).  I have sent a request to our SharePoint/Help Desk team to see if they can low the two Timer Jobs to an hourly basis so that they will run right away.  Once I have this set, I am sure it should work, no problems.

Thank you.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Thanks,

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your forum posting. I have read over your forum posting and attempted to reproduce the issue and was unable to. I set my IRM to trigger on the created column +1 day and it ran the workflow for me. I’m currently running at build 12.0.0.6608.

What we would have to do is check what build you are running and what if any errors you are getting in the ULS logs. For this I would request that you open a paid support case so that we call look deeper into this for you.

Gregg

MSFT

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Gregg,

Thank you for the response and the suggestion, but a paid support case wont be neccessary. I believe the issue is that I have two Timer Jobs set to default (Set to weekly).  I have sent a request to our SharePoint/Help Desk team to see if they can low the two Timer Jobs to an hourly basis so that they will run right away.  Once I have this set, I am sure it should work, no problems.

Thank you.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:03 PM